What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously by using a pseudonym and coordinating with your instructor.
Logs are kept of user logins, which may include IP address and other data that tracks how the user accessed the site.
Activity within the system is recorded including items viewed and assessment attempts.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide the WAMAP service.
- Student data is shared with the course instructors and the student’s host institution if requested.
- To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- Aggregated data may be used to produce statistics which may be shared publicly. These aggregations will not identify specific users.
- To improve our website
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Student data may be used to analyze the effectiveness of materials and guide improvement.
- To improve service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to technical support support needs
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information)
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Upon request, we may release course and student records to the institution that is providing the course. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Aggregaged, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for grant reporting, marketing, or other uses.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), as we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.